Are you planning on building a home soon? If you are, take a deep breath and grab a pen and a notepad. We are going to give you a bunch of tips you would love to know as it’s going to help you save some money on your dream home. Thomas homes are a luxury custom custom home builders in south florida who will walk you through the entire process.
Here are 5 tips that you can implement to save some bucks while building your new home
- Sell your previous home without a realtor- If you previously lived in the desired neighborhood and now you have moved out,consider selling your home if you have the time. If a house has a “For sale by owner” tag on it, it’s bound to get sold and you won’t even have to pay the realtor’s commission. If you lived in a high demand neighborhood, this is one tip you surely won’t regret doing.
- Hiring a Realtor with a Discount- When you decide to sell your home and a first few deals fall through, you will realize that you need to generate more foot traffic into your house. Find a reliable website that has the listings of every single real estate agent in the market and list yourself on those top websites.
- Hire a trustworthy Real Estate Agent- When you get close to the completion of your new house, it’s time that you take it to the professionals. As soon as you put your house on sale, you will have several “lookers” and several competitors who will be trying to sell their house at the same price. This is when you reach out to a professional real estate agent to sell your house.
- Get a Credit Card with 0% APR- Building your dream home is not cheap, but it will definitely save you a lot of money if you take proper advantage of a credit card with a 0% APR. These cards offer zero interest anywhere for a time period of 12-21 months. So, you can spend some of your home-related expenses without paying any interest for a year or maybe longer.
- Have a Contingency Plan- A second loan, contributing to your home is not a good idea. To prevent that situation from occurring, always make sure that you have a backup plan. Find real estate investors who are willing to pay you over a $1000 per month and find a renter for your previous home. In that case, the house would still be in your name and in a five-year period or so, someone would have surely agreed with you upon the price for selling the house.